C.E.T.® HEXTRA® Premium Chews for Dogs
Premium chew clinically proven to reduce calculus when used daily in dogs.
For daily use in dogs as a chew to help remove plaque and reduce tartar.
- Provides a well-known antiseptic effect and helps remove plaque and reduce tartar. Chews are coated with exclusive 10% solution of chlorhexidine gluconate.
- Contains beefhide for natural abrasive cleansing action.
- Helps keep teeth clean and breath fresh, even on days when brushing isn’t possible.
- Persistent action. Chlorhexidine is released into the oral cavity during chewing and may be released for up to 24 hours, providing sustained antimicrobial action.
- Appealing flavor. Dog owners may give as a daily chew.
- Available in petite, medium, large, and extra-large sizes.
What is the protein source for C.E.T.® HEXTRA® Chews for Dogs?
The chews contain both beef and poultry proteins.
How many calories are in C.E.T. HEXTRA Chews?
The calorie content varies depending on the size of each chew.
Petite: 29 KCalories, Medium: 30 KCalories, Large: 63 KCalories and Extra Large: 86 KCalories
What is the difference between C.E.T. HEXTRA Chews and C.E.T.® Enzymatic Oral Hygiene Chews for Dogs?
C.E.T. HEXTRA Premium Chews are made using the unique and proprietary binding-releasing system to ensure maximal release of chlorhexidine, which helps reduce plaque and calculus. The chlorhexidine is released into the oral cavity during chewing and may be released for up to 24 hours, providing sustained antimicrobial action.1,2 C.E.T. Enzymatic Oral Hygiene Chews feature an exclusive Dual-Enzyme System that produces a natural antiseptic plus a coarse texture that works with the dog’s chewing action to reduce plaque and calculus.
- Pader, Morton. Oral Hygiene Products and Practice. New York: Marcel Dekker, Inc., 1988.
- Bonesvoll, P “Oral Pharmacology of Chlorhexidine.” Journal of Clinical Periodontology, 4.5(1977): 49-65.