C.E.T.® OraStrip® Dental Diagnostic Test
C.E.T.® OraStrip® Dental Diagnostic Test helps reveal active hidden periodontal disease.
The C.E.T.® OraStrip® Dental Diagnostic Test is the latest innovation in the C.E.T.® Brand family of products for veterinary dental health. The C.E.T.® OraStrip® Dental Diagnostic Test easily detects periodontal disease that can hide beneath the gumline.
Additional benefits include:
- Quick, reliable results to help you detect disease and treat sooner
- Easy-to-use colored grading system
- Evidence of hidden periodontal disease to show clients
- Increased compliance for in-clinic and at-home dental care
Best of all, the C.E.T.® OraStrip® Dental Diagnostic Test complies with the latest American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) dental care guidelines,1 which recommends using a thiol test strip to determine gingival health and periodontal status.
The C.E.T.® OraStrip® Dental Diagnostic Test lets you see beyond the limitations of visual awake exams (VAEs).
- In a study, the VAE was only 6% accurate in determining the severity of active periodontal disease in dogs with only mild inflammation2
- Approximately 60% of the tooth structure exists below the gumline where bacterial activity can be difficult to detect3
- Holmstrom SE, Bellows, J, Juriga S, Knutson K, Niemiec BA, Perrone J. 2013 AAHA Dental Care Guidelines for Dogs and Cats. J Am Hosp Assoc. 2013;49:75–82.
- Data on file. Virbac Corporation.
- Bellows J. AAHA updates dental guidelines for dogs, cats. http://www.veterinarypractices.com/May-2013/AAHA-Updates-dental-Guidelines-For-Dogs-Cats/. Accessed December 17, 2015.
|Download C.E.T.® OraStrip® Dental Diagnostic Test Detail Aid|
|Download Your Dog’s Dental Report Card|
What does the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) recommend?
A diagnostic test strip for the measurement of dissolved thiol levels can be used as an exam room indicator of gingival health and periodontal status.
What should I tell my clients about C.E.T.® OraStrip® Dental Diagnostic Tests?
Explain to pet owners that active periodontal disease takes place beneath the gumline. That means that a dog’s mouth may look healthy when it is actually suffering from a painful infection. The C.E.T.® OraStrip® Dental Diagnostic Test helps provide visual proof of hidden disease so they can take action early.